martedì 20 settembre 2016

TBAY Newsletter # 11 - September 2016 - New Videoclip and Fall European Tour


Hello everybody! 
Here's Gianni TBAY with my almost-bi-montly, quasi-random newsletter, catching you off guard with a fistful of TBAY's juicy news!

First off, I have made a new videoclip!
The song is called "Medium Size Star Bound", which is also the opening track of my last album "Apprentice".
 
My friend Stefano Mutolo from Berta Film wrote and directed it and called up some friends to make it happen. So we moved to the countryside, and shot all the scenes in two days.
The result, we might describe it as a grotesque modern western comedyfull of nature and animals, it totally exceeded our humble expectations!  
 
 
 
My best thanks go out to Stefano, Stefano Petti, Carolina, Guglielmo and all the humans and animals involved in the project. The videoclip will be officially premiered in Roma @ Baraka Bistrot next wednesday and it will be available a bit later on Youtube!
For now you can check this mysterious trailer beside. Click on it!  
Watch it after eating!
Hail to the Pigs! 
 
 
Anyway, other than those cinema star swaggering...
I'm here to say that I'm back on track and bound to hit the road again!
 
Right before embarking on my next European Tour, I'll be warming up with four shows in Italy...

including the opening show for Joe Buck Yourself in Torino!

21.9.16 - Roma (I) @ Baraka Bistrot
23.9.16 - Terranuova Bracciolini, Arezzo (I) @ QQ Social Caffè
24.9.16 - Ancona (I) @ Hangover
30.9.16 - Torino (I) @ Radio Black Out w/ Joe Buck Yourself

"Apprentice Tour - Fall 2016" will start on October the 6th and is scheduled to conclude on the 29th.

 
 
...Here's the shows! 
 
 
 
OCTOBER 2016

Thu 6 – Linz (A) @ Kapu
Fri 7 – Wien (A) @ Einbaumöbel
Sat 8 – Prague (CZ) @ Klub Famu
Sun 9 - Leipzig (DE) @ Zwille
Mon 10 – Chemnitz (DE) @ Subbotnik
Tue 11 – Dresden (DE) @ Chemiefabrik
Thu 13 – Saarbrücken (DE) @ Fasanerie
Fri 14 – Solingen (DE) @ Waldmeister
Sat 15 - TBA
Sun 16 - Nijmegen (NL) @ Opoe Sientje (early show)
Mon 17 – Bruxelles (BE) @ Chaff
Tue 18 – Torhout (BE) @ private house show
Thu 20 – Lille (F) @ Le Lyautey
Fri 21 – Rouen (F) @ Le 3 Pièces
Sat 22 – Rennes (F) @ Bistrot de la Cite
Sun 23 – Nantes (F) @ No Man’s Land (early show)
Wed 26 – Montreuil, Paris (F) @ La Comedia Michielet
Thu 27 – Reims (F) @ Appart' Café
Fri 28 – Lorrach (DE) @ Heimathafen
Sat 29 – Bern (CH) @ Voodoo Rhythm Store

This amazing Tour Poster has been drawn by my pal Sheriff Perkins' unmistakable hand.
It really blows my mind!

And sure, I'm gonna make a T-shirt out of it...
and possibly a silk-screen-printed poster in limited edition!

I'll bring some with me on tour and...
you'll be able to get yours at the show!
 
check my shows anytime at www.thebluesagainstyouth.com

...talkin' about shows, playing bars, rock'n'roll etc...
there are more dates confirmed in November...
Check them out and mark your empty calendars! 

5.11 – Besançon (F) @ Bar de l'U
7.11 - Lyon (F) @ Le Trokson
12.11 - Geneve (CH) @ Le Cabinet
14.11 - Milano (I) @ Gattò
17.11 – Ponte Buggianese, Pistoia (I) @ La Taverna Della Musica
18.11 – Livorno(I) @ La Bodeguita
24.11 – Brescia (I) @ Red Dog
25.11 – Feldkirch (AT) @ Graf Hugo
26.11 – Novara (I) @ Old Tower
 
 
Meanwhile, my latest LP "Apprentice" has been doing good and gaining gratifying responses from international press...

Here's some extracts...
“[...] that rarest of beasts, a blues album that appeals to purists and neophiles alike. Firmly rooted in delta and country blues but infused with a 21st century suss and swagger, it's suitable for back-porch or boutique festival alike.” Harmonic Distortion (UK)

“[...] With The Blues Against Youth, Gianni doesn't just do the one-man band scene proud in specific; he also possesses a great deal of worth in the international roots scene in general. And the Apprentice release further proves this.” James G. Carlson, No Depression (US)